So I saw Sandy's post about the things she learned in August, and it was so fun that I had to jump on the wagon! So here are some things I learned in August:
1. That seeing this path to the beach makes me happy every time...
2. Not everyone is cracked up to be who you think they are.
3. Peeling a frozen banana is 100% easier after letting it sit out for only 3 minutes.
4. Pretty much everything has its price.
5. Some people are employed by racing pigs and getting them to swim for Oreo cookies.
6. Fruitflies are stubborn SOBs.
7. There's nothing that makes me feel higher on life than a night out dancing til the sun comes up.
8. My memory is shot. (Especially after those long nights...)
9. I don't like gelato, ice cream, or sorbet really. I just like how it looks.
10. Augusten Burroughs is one of my favorite writers ever.
11. People on their deathbeds can really make full recoveries.
12. Scarlet is not a baby anymore.
13. Having your debit card accidently swapped can be advantageous.
14. Book cloth tape is not as easy to find as it once was.
15. I look like a giant next to all of my students.
16. Bees have officially turned into carnivores.
17. I'd never be able to live away from water.
18. Age doesn't matter as much as we think it does.
19. Sometimes old men where bathrobes for a night on the town (see previous post).
20. I missed this song and didn't realize how much: